DIRECTOR MERCHANDISING GCC
Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
Responsible for maximising the sales, profitability & brand equity of the GCC organisation by building and leading the merchandising strategy for the market.
- Shape and lead the GCC Merchandising strategy for Own retail & franchise channels in partnership with HUB.
- Deliver financial targets including Net sales, Sell through, standard margin, IDL inventory for the cluster.
- Own, lead and implement the buying and range management and GTM strategy for all categories with HUB & local CTC team direction.
- Accountable for executing the pre-season planning defined in collaboration with HUB and the end to end category responsibility (including range planning, forecasting, including handover to Demand Planning)
- Maximize new & in season business opportunities by understanding and executing on respective channel potentials
- Constantly monitor Industry developments in their category and cascade intelligence to the organisation.
- Interface with key stakeholders including Marketing, Visual Merchandising (VM), Store Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Logistics
- Drive innovation across the function in terms of process automation and optimisation to improve availability across channels
- Focus & own the development of team members
- Provide fact-based category input and feedback for internal/external stakeholders.
- Execute the continuous improvement of all merchandising systems and tools to suit world class merchandising practise.
- Market visits as needed and advised by the business (expected ratio office/travel is 80%/20%).
- Role model the leadership framework and ONE EM mindset.
- HUB Merch Director, BU Directors (category merchandising), CTC (Concept-to-Consumer), , Director Franchise, Director eCOM& Business Development.
- Marketing activation Own Retail Stores.
- Sr Retail Director GCC
- Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Role model for collaboration, confidence & creativity
- Passion for product & retail
- Detailed knowledge of Merchandising, ranging, forecasting & budget planning.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong trading mindset, with an entrepreneurial flair to maximize business opportunities.
- Fluent in English and other language(s) is an advantage
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree, ideally in business with marketing and sales focus- MBA a plus
- Total of 8 years experience with minimum 5+ years’ leadership / directorial / head of dept experience of core buying &merchandising function preferably in a retail organization, with broad-based experience working with fashion franchises, vertical and multichannel retailers. Experience working with a Sporting Goods retailer is preferred.
- Functional awareness of store operations, Visual Merchandising, Marketing Activation, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics
- Experienced in working with internal stakeholders and external agencies to establish efficient and scalable processes
- Experienced in working cross-functional within international organization