SENIOR MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS (OUTDOOR)
Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANIZATION:
The Sr. Manager Communications drives the roll-out of an integrated, through-the-line, marketing communications package to support adidas’ global and specific BU marketing and business objectives with the US market.
To steward strategy and execution of the brand communication, events and SPOMA plans in the US for OG to ensure we reach our category KPIs in partnership with Channel Partners, Global OG and US Horizontal Brand Comms.
- Partner with the Sr. Director (NAM Outdoor) in translating Global marketing and communication plans into effective communication activities and tangible growth.
- Manage the development of short and long term communications strategy for the US based on the global SBP and specific local business unit objectives
- Drive the development of an effective channel-planning strategy , based on the global marketing objectives.
- Support in strategic planning phase of the key category initiatives for the US in close collaboration with Channel teams (Media, Trade, PR, Newsroom, eComm, EIM, Confirmed etc).
- Develop Comms plan from Global handovers to launch. This requires iteration, giving and taking in feedback from core internal partners, pivoting when necessary until a final plan is made and keeping BU updated on changes.
- Responsible for co-creating comprehensive action plans for all BU communications projects with the aim to maximize brand and (new) product exposure while maximizing efficiencies.
- Remain up-to-date on the fast developing Media Environment in general and digital marketing technologies and opportunities in particular.
- Identify local communication opportunities, as well as opportunities for Influencer and Third Party Brand Co-ops.
- Manage local agencies across projects and activities for the business unit: agency briefing process and development of concepts and creative elements.
- Responsible for mentorship and development of more junior members of the Comms teams (this may be a formal reporting relationship or informal)
- Work with Category MGMT, GTM, & Sales to understand the business side of the Comms development process (pairs, timing, RID/RED, 12-to-18-month franchise plans)
- Work with Global teams and NAM Merch to understand highest priority products for the year, help in budget and resource planning against those priorities.
- Manage and guide agency towards creative concept that meets objectives and works across disciplines, and global markets.
- Design and monitors the Business Unit and global communications plan and benchmark the progress in the brand perception in US market.
- Support post-campaign evaluation performance by coordinating research and tracking project development, collating results into regular quality reports.
- Organize and Own external consumer and industry facing trade communications, press, and print.
- Outdoor NAM Category Management
- Outdoor NAM Sales Team
- Outdoor NAM Digital Commerce team
- Adidas Outdoor Global (Germany)
- Brand adidas: Brand Management
- Brand adidas: other BUs Brand Marketing
- adidas Finance / Controlling
- adidas Procurement
- Creative Agencies
- External partners and key accounts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and high level of strategic thinking.
- Broad experience in marketing communications, campaign development and execution through multiple media channels, especially Digital (Outdoor experience a strong positive)
- Deep-rooted understanding of an ever-changing marketing landscape and advanced experience in project management.
- Ability to collaborate and manage platforms and tools used by multiple functions as well as ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: product marketing, communications, social, digital.
- Broad understanding of and passion for outdoor sports and the fashion/entertainment industry.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Proven results and orientation based in critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to articulate and deliver insightful briefs at all levels in various formats.
- Effective presenting to and inspiring diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Relentless drive and commitment to win, working extremely well under pressure
- Strategic, organized and solution-oriented with an attention to detail
- Innovative creative thinker, contributor and source of inspiration
- Self-starter. Can independently initiate, prioritize and manage workload
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years brand marketing experience
- 3 years+ experience managing brand communications in a leading sport, entertainment and/or fashion brand environment
- Outdoor experience a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.