Fairmont Gold Lounge Server
Offered Salary 1000
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Fairmont Gold Lounge Server
Opened in May 2003, our Fairmont Gold is a private and exclusive hotel within a hotel dedicated to providing a consistent high quality of personalized service that is designed to meet all the needs and expectations of the business executive and leisure traveler. As a Server with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding food and beverage offerings makes our guests feel unique and valued. Primary responsibility will be to assist Fairmont Gold guests with attentive and personalized service in the lounge for all food service periods, breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for execution of all aspects of food and beverage service to guests in the daily operation of the Fairmont Gold Department, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction at all times
- Ensure that all Fairmont Gold Standards of Service and Operational Procedures are adhered to
- Greeting guests, maximize seating during breakfast service, and maintaining exclusivity of the Fairmont Gold Lounge
- Ensure guest satisfaction
- Set up buffet area and serve guests during breakfast and canape service
- Manage the flow of the lounge and buffet area
- Assist with clearing, setting tables & serving beverages
- Have extensive knowledge of food and beverage offerings
- Anticipate guests’ needs
- Monitor maintenance of the Fairmont Gold pantry equipment and report any problems
- Communicate with Fairmont Gold Supervisors & several departments with special requests and guest preferences
- Ensures the highest possible revenues are generated for Fairmont Gold through promotion and control of the honour bar
- Monitor & control inventory of equipment and food
- Delivers coffee wake up orders in the mornings
- Cleaning duties including dishwashing
- Provides information to our guests about local and area attractions, restaurants, special events, and other available services
- Maintain cleanliness of Lounge and Buffet area throughout the day, to the highest standard. Performing daily/weekly/monthly duties (including cleaning) as per duty list.
- Develops and maintains strong guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty.
- Works with the kitchen to provide the daily Fairmont Gold Lounge menu & food presentation, in line with Fairmont Gold Standards of Procedures & Service
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
- One year of experience in a high service food and beverage environment is required
- Candidates must be legal to serve alcohol in Alberta (18 years of age) and must possess ProServe certification
- Recognized commitment to guest service and exceeding guest expectations
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven employee relation skills in a team environment
- Flexible availability in scheduling
- Self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure, in a fast paced environment
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.